Employer Support Co-ordinator
18.5 hours per week, 52 weeks per year or 21.25 hours per week, 40 weeks per year
Salary: £22,313 FTE pro-rata for part-time hours
This is a newly created role and is in partnership with Berkshire Education Employer Partnership (BEEP) AND Adviza. This is a part-time role, working 18.5 hours per week, 52 weeks per year and is a fixed term contract until February 2023.
We would be happy to consider applicants who wish to work on a term-time only basis and this would mean working 21.25 hours per week over 40 weeks per year.
This role will be solely funded by the European Social Fund.
Berkshire Education Employer Partnership (BEEP) is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults; and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment
We are looking for an Employer Support Co-ordinator to join our Employer Engagement team at Newbury College. The aim of this role is to actively support newly engaged employers to help them effectively participate in employer encounters and to help employers understand what educational providers and young people will expect of them e.g. remove myths and barriers they have to engaging with young people. The successful candidate will be able to Build an Employer Support Network including creating an employer network so they can encourage each other and, in the future, rely on peer support. You will be required to actively promote the Mentor and Business Ambassador roles to employers along with train and supervise the Mentors and Business Ambassadors.
The successful applicant will have the following:
- Proven experience working with employers and/or educational providers
- Proven track record of effectively engaging employers and educational providers
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good analytical skills and being able to describe new and complicated concepts in simple terms
- Excellent organisational skills, including ability to prioritise, meet targets, agreed deadlines and report outcomes effectively
- IT literate. proficient user of software packages including Microsoft Office
It would also be helpful if you have the following:
- Holds a level 3/4 professional qualification in a relevant discipline; e.g. Youth Work
- Proven experience of delivering services to vulnerable people from a variety of backgrounds
- Experience of setting up an Employer Support Network or similar group
- Experience of promoting training and educational opportunities
- Good at building effective relationships with young people from all backgrounds
- Excellent negotiation, and influencing skills, being able to gain commitment from individuals and organisations to plans and outcomes
- 25 days holiday (pro-rata)
- Free on-site parking
- Local Government Pension Scheme (currently 5.8% employee contribution, 26.9% employer contribution)
- Friendly and flexible working environment
- Discounted childcare at on-site nursery for Newbury College staff
- On-site staff gym, for annual fee of £20
We’re on a mission to be an outstanding education provider. As an Ofsted ‘good’ college and accredited with Silver Investors in People, we are already well on our way to being a great place to study and work. To help take this ambition one step further, we need a talented mix of teaching and non-teaching staff to join our team.
If you are interested in joining us on the journey to outstanding, then please take a look at the Job Description for further details of the day-to-day duties. If you have any questions, then please feel free to contact a member of Newbury College's HR Department for further information.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy before the set closing date if we receive a good level of applicants. To avoid disappointment, we would advise that you complete your application in full, rather than saving and returning to complete at a later date.
Our college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment.
All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.