Job Development Coach for Construction
37 hours per week
£25,603 to £32,742
Newbury College is looking to recruit a Job Development Coach to work with our Construction apprentices. You will be responsible planning, supporting and making decisions on an apprentice’s progress toward the necessary knowledge, skills and understanding to pass their Apprenticeship Standard. You will also join at a time when Apprenticeships are a key part of our strategy and you will be involved in growing this provision.
The successful candidate will have;
- Assessor qualifications or able to demonstrate that you are working towards these
- Professional competence in the area you are assessing, which typically will have been gained through working in that industry for at least two years
- Experience of training others on a 1:2:1 and small group basis
It would be beneficial if you also have:
- A Degree, Higher education Qualification, or professional qualification
- IQA Qualification
- Teaching Qualification
We’re on a mission to be an outstanding education provider. As an Ofsted ‘good’ college and accredited with Silver Investors in People, we are already well on our way to being a great place to study and work. To help take this ambition one step further, we need a talented mix of teaching and non-teaching staff to join our team.
If you are interested in joining us on the journey to outstanding, then please contact us to take a look at the full Job Description for further details of the day to day duties.
- 27 days holiday
- Local Government Pension Scheme with a 27% employer contribution
- Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
- Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
- Access to Westfield Health wellbeing resources
- Access to Employee Assistance Scheme
- On-site gym membership (annual fee of £20)
- Discounted Community Learning courses
- Access to discounted hair & beauty treatments at the Newbury College salon on campus
- Access to a range of good value food and drink at The Street café
- Friendly and flexible working environment
- Discounted childcare at on site nursery for Newbury College staff (operated by a third party provider)
We reserve the right to close this vacancy before the set closing date if we receive a good level of applicants. To avoid disappointment, we would advise that you complete your application in full, rather than saving and returning to complete at a later date.
Our college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment.
All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.