ACL In-class French Tutor
£22.19 per hour
2- 4 hours per week over 2 evenings, 39 weeks per year
Newbury College are recruiting for a lecturer to join our Adult Community Learning provision to provide bespoke sessions for French Beginners. The key requirements of the role are to teach, assess and co-ordinate the course over two evenings per week.
This role is perfect for an individual who is fluent in French and has:
- A passion for teaching and relevant experience in this subject area
- A keen interest in working with the people in the community
It would also be desirable to have:
- Level 3/4 Teaching Qualifications or willingness to work towards
- Evidence of any relevant CPD
- Experience working in FE / adult education / training
Newbury College are happy to support someone through their teaching qualification (Level 3 Teaching Award) and therefore welcome applications from those with a passion for French and a desire to teach, as well as applications from experienced tutors.
We are on a mission to be an outstanding education provider. As an Ofsted ‘good’ college and accredited with Silver Investors in People, we are already well on our way to being a great place to study and work. To help take this ambition one step further, we need a talented mix of teaching and non-teaching staff to join our team.
If you are interested in joining us on the journey to outstanding, please take a look at the Job Description for further details of the day-to-day duties. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact a member of Newbury College HR Department for further information.
- Free on-site parking
- Local Government Pension Scheme (currently 5.8% employee contribution, 26.9% employer contribution) OR Teachers Pension Scheme
- Access to Westfield Health wellbeing resources
- Access to Employee Assistance Scheme
- On-site gym membership (annual fee of £20)
- Access to discounted hair & beauty treatments at the Newbury College salon on campus
- Access to a range of good value food and drink at The Street café
- Friendly and flexible working environment
- Discounted childcare at on site nursery for Newbury College staff (operated by a third-party provider)
Our college is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We will ensure that all our recruitment and selection practices reflect this commitment.
All successful candidates will be subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks along with other relevant employment checks.